Yay! Two monthly updates in two months! This is definitely a promising start to 2015!
I read 7 books this month and DNF'd (did not finish) 2 more. Of the books I completed ...
- All 7 were fiction.
- 5 were contemporary, and 2 were set in the future. (No historical fiction this month, what?!)
- 1 was a physical book, 4 were e-books, and 2 were audio books.
- 3 were from new-to-me authors.
- 2 earned a 5-star rating, and another 3 earned a 4-star rating. 2 earned a 2-star rating.
- Total page count was 1261 pages and 9:52 hours of listening.
- I'm pleased that 1 of these books was from my own Nook shelves and 3 were borrowed from the library. I'm also happy to report that 2 were classics—one a re-read and one a first read.
- I'm in the middle of about 6 other books right now. I'm hoping to finish at least a couple of them this week!
Of the books I completed, the clear favorite was The Wife Maker by Karey White. (My review will be posted tomorrow!)
The Reviews ...
I haven't posted many reviews this month because my reading has been a little on the disappointing side. Two 2-stars and 2 DNFs in one month is practically unheard of for me! However, I still plan to go back and add brief reviews on Goodsreads of all of these books. I especially want to make sure to leave positive feedback for those books I did enjoy!
On a Personal Note ...
Hubs and I have both had a cold this month. While his disappeared within a few days, my cough has lingered for over a month. Six weeks, doctor's appointment, two rounds of antibiotics, and nearly an entire bottle of cough syrup later and I think I'm finally over it! On a more fun note, we've had quite a few days recently where the potential for "winter weather events" has been quite high. For this southern girl, that's a huge deal! We did get a dusting of snow last week, which was a ton of fun! Our only disappointment was that it didn't snow until around 8:00pm. Of course, we stood on the porch and watched it snow, danced around on the sidewalk, and caught snowflakes on our tongues (well, that was just me!) until we were thoroughly freezing. What a fun memory though!
What's Next ?
Well, I'm not quite as far ahead in my planning for March as I was last month. BUT there are quite a few books that I'm SUPER excited to finally get to. I'll be posting quite a few reviews in March and continuing to share trailers, Top 10 lists, and other bookish thoughts as I have time. Plus, I received the #XOVoxBox from Influenster last week and will be sharing those products with you soon.
That's it for me. What have you been reading? Anything fun to share on a personal note? What are you most looking forward to in March ?