Update on 7/12/2015: I am not accepting any new review requests for the foreseeable future.
Never in a million years did I dream that book blogging was even a possibility. I have come to thoroughly enjoy blogging about the books I read, getting to know other bloggers, and connecting with authors!
I am honored that you would consider me to help you promote your latest book! Please read the policies on this page before emailing me about reviewing your book, conducting an interview, guest blogging, or suggesting another idea that I haven't even thought of yet!
The following categories of books will be considered for review . . .
- Christian fiction, particularly contemporary, historical, mystery, suspense, romance, and chick-lit.
- Mainstream fiction, particularly contemporary, mystery, chick-lit, suspense.
- Non-fiction will be accepted on an extremely limited basis.
- Self-published books are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please ensure that your book has been thoroughly edited prior to sending it out for review. Numerous grammatical errors or issues within the plot will negatively affect my review.
Depending on my current schedule and other commitments, I may or may not be able to commit to providing a review for your book. If that is the case, I may be able to feature your book in another way. A few suggestions for other ways to feature your book include:
- The Story Behind the Story: Provide written or video content sharing the inspiration for the setting, characters, a major theme or plot point, a random tidbit, or some other aspect of your story that you think readers will be interested in. See past examples here.
- Blogside Chat (Interview): Respond to questions from yours truly to help readers get to know you better. Questions will be a combination of book-related and random questions. Depending on both of our schedules and availability, interviews typically range between 5-15 questions. See past examples here.
- Character Meet & Greet: Introduce us to one or more of the characters in your newest book. You have lots of options with this one—a bio or spotlight of a character, a guest post from one of your characters, an interview between multiple characters or between a character and me. You provide the content and photos (if you have them) and we'll go from there. See past examples here.
- Guest Post: Want to share a little insight about your writing process or a topic related to your book? Think it might be a good guest post? Let's talk. See a past example here.
- Cover Reveal: I totally judge a book by its cover and enjoy featuring covers on my blog. Cover reveals are always a lot of fun. I typically include the synopsis of the book, an author of the bio and/or cover designer, the cover (of course!), and my thoughts on said cover. See past examples here. A post on the cover design process is an option as well.
- Giveaway: A giveaway can be featured on its own or in conjunction with another post. Generally speaking, the author will provide the giveaway prize(s).
When submitting a request for your book to be reviewed or featured on i blog 4 books, please provide as much information as possible so that I can consider your request. If I am unable to discern from your email whether or not your book is a good fit for me (and my readers), I will decline your request. Additionally, be sure to include any deadlines or preferred posting dates so I can check my calendar.
You can send me an email if you'd like to chat about any of these options.